Friday, December 26, 2014

Red Cabbage




Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  I got some red cabbage in my co-op.  What do you do with red cabbage besides shredding it and putting it in salads?  Cook it, of course!  Well, I have never cooked or even tasted cooked red cabbage but was willing to give it a try.  Whoa!  It as delicious!  I love when I learn new things!

Red Cabbage

1/2 red cabbage shredded
2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small onion sliced
1/3 cup white or apple cider vinegar (I used white because I had it)
2 Tablespoons sugar (can use Stevia instead)
1 teaspoon ground mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat skillet over medium high heat.  Add oil and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.  Add cabbage and saute until it looks wilted, 3-5 minutes.  Add vinegar and mix.  Add sugar and mustard, mix again. Season with salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment