Thursday, October 2, 2014

Banana Egg Pancake




Bananas and Eggs?  Sounds like a weird combination to me.  And in a weird way it was delicious!  My sister gave me this recipe because it was healthy and good for me. I hate to admit it, but she was right.  It has a good combination of protein and carbs and is very filling.  A good way to start the day.  Need I say more!

Banana Egg Pancake

1 egg
1/2 banana, mashed
cinnamon
honey or maple syrup

Mix the egg and banana until well blended.  Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to your taste.  Mix again. 

Spray a small fry pan with Pam.  Heat at medium high.  Pour in egg mixture.  Cook like you are making an omelet,but don't fold.  Flip like you would a pancake.

Put in a plate and drizzle with honey or maple syrup--actually I pour it on (as you can tell by the above picture) because I have a sweet tooth.  Whether you drizzle or smother, I think you will enjoy this different breakfast treat!  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I tried it. I liked it! Topped it with a little butter, walnuts and maple syrup. Wow! Fast breakfast.

    ReplyDelete