Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Surprise Cookies/Muffins

For someone who is on Weight Watcher's all the time, I sure do make a lot of desserts. Hmm, maybe that's my problem.  But I bake them for my family and friends.  Right? 
I found this recipe at www.iheartnaptime.net and had to make it.  The surprise is Rolo candy.  My youngest son loves Rolo's and even though he lives in San Francisco I made them in honor of him and ate them in honor of him also :-)
(Jonathan, I'll make you some at Thanksgiving.  Promise!)

Chocolate Chip Surprise Cookies/Muffins

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Rolo Candy (regular or mini)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together butter and sugar.  Add pudding mix and vanilla.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Add flour, salt and baking soda.  Mix well and stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon cookie dough onto baking sheet and stick a mini rolo in the middle and cover with dough. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until done. 

I made mine in a mini muffin pan and used the regular Rolos.  I sprayed the pan with cooking spray.  Then I put some cookie dough in the bottom of each muffin tin, stuck a rolo in the middle and covered it with more cookie dough.  I baked it for about 15 minutes.  Everyone loved them!  



No comments:

Post a Comment