Monday, April 30, 2012

Leila's Swiss Chicken


The other day when I was looking through some of my old cookbooks to find something to make for dinner, I found a piece of paper with this recipe written on it.  It was a recipe I got probably 15 years ago from my dear friend, Leila, who lives in Utah.  I remembered how delicious it was and decided to make it.  Wow!  It was not only delicious, but it brought back wonderful memories of a special family who we will love forever.

Leila's Swiss Chicken

6 - 8 boneless chicken breasts
6 - 8 slices of deli sliced Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
1/2 - 1 package Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing Mix
1/2 - 1 stick melted butter

Place chicken breasts in a baking pan and layer cheese slices over each breast individually.  (I did put salt, pepper, and garlic powder over chicken before I put on the cheese.)

Mix soup and water.  Drizzle over each breast, covering all.

Crush the stuffing and mound over each breast

Drizzle melted butter over each breast and bake at 350 for 50 - 55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment