Monday, May 2, 2011

Yummies

As I was looking through my old cookbooks for recipes to try, I came across this recipe called "Yummies".  I guess the name intrigued me so I had to make them to see if they really were "yummy".  And yes, they smelled yummy while baking and tasted oh so yummy--plus they were so easy to make!  Man, these are some yummy "Yummies"!  You gotta try 'em!

Yummies

1 yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
2 eggs
1 pound box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix first three ingredients together and put in the bottom if a 9 x 13 pan. (I sprayed my baking dish with Baker's Joy first.)  Next, beat together cream cheese, eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla.  (I used my mixer.)  Pour over above mixture.  Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.  Cool, cut into squares and refrigerate. 

2 comments:

  1. ah .. we call this chess cake where I am from :) and yes very delicious .. another variation is to put chopped pecans ( or walnuts ) on top of the yellow cake mix layer .. yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm! That sounds good. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete