Monday, March 28, 2011

Gooey Chocolate Cookies

I was looking for an easy cookie recipe and found this one in my 2010 Taste of Home Annual Recipes book.  Not only was it easy, but the cookies were delicious. 

I always try to make my cookies and other sweets on the weekend so my daughter can take them to her Young Women.  That way I'm not tempted to eat all of them.  You know, I'm on a diet :-)  Well, the Young Women loved them.  Of course, they're just happy to have treats.  But I know they really liked these because they wanted the recipe.  So, here it is girls.

Gooey Chocolate Cookies

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package (18 1/4 oz.) chocolate cake mix

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.  Add the cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky).  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9 - 11 minutes or until tops are cracked.  Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

**You can replace the chocolate cake mix with a different flavor.  I have a Lemon Supreme cake mix.  I bet that would be delicious.  I'm definitely going to try it.  My 98 year old mother-in-law loves lemon anything.  I think she will really enjoy these.

No comments:

Post a Comment