Monday, December 20, 2010

Crock Pot Candy

Has it really been almost a month since my last post?  Where did the time go?  Well, I'm back and I have a recipe that is worth the wait.  With Christmas almost here, I seem to spend most of my time in the kitchen stirring, standing and stirring some more, getting goodies ready to give to friends and family.  Not any more!  Crock Pot Candy to the rescue.  You're gonna love this one!

Crock Pot Candy

1 jar (16 oz.) dry roasted peanuts, UNSALTED
1 jar (16 oz.) dry roasted peanuts, SALTED
1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bar (4 oz.) German chocolate (broken up)
3 pounds or 2 planks white bark or Loghouse vanilla flavored candy coating or Almond Bark broken in pieces.  (I used the white bark)

Put ingredients into a 4 or 5 quart crock pot IN ORDER listed.  DO NOT MIX TOGETHER.    Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.  DO NOT REMOVE LID, turn off.  Cool slightly (about an hour).  Mix thoroughly and drop by teaspoons onto wax paper.  Let cool thoroughly.

I added some snowflake and candy cane sprinkles to some of mine to give them a little color.  The plain ones did kind of look like reindeer poop and thought you might could put a few candies in a baggie with a note attached that reads:

I hear that you've been naughty,
So listen, here's the scoop.
All you get for Christmas
Is this Reindeer Poop!

I think that would make cute (and quick) gifts to give. 




 Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
Sweet Addy and McKinley in their Christmas dresses!
Aren't they precious?

No comments:

Post a Comment