Monday, April 12, 2010

Tater Tot Hamburger Casserole

The other morning I went to get something from the outside freezer.  I reached to open the door to the freezer and realized it was already opened.  My heart stopped!  Why was the door open?  Who left the door open? Was all my food ruined?  I quickly opened the freezer door wide so I could see the inside.  Oh, I was so sad.  My chicken, hamburger and tater tots were all thawed.  Well, I knew what we'd be having for supper that night--Tater Tot Hamburger Casserole!  Of course the next evening we had my famous grilled chicken. Just goes to show that something good does come out of something bad. 

Tater Tot Hamburger Casserole

1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 bag frozen tater tots
1 - 2 cups grated cheese
Salt, pepper, garlic powder

Brown meat and onion.  Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Drain juices from meat and add soups.  Mix together.  Spray a 9 x 13 dish with Pam and pour mixture into dish.  Put tater tots on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until tater tots are brown.  Sprinkle cheese on top and bake 10 - 15 minutes more, until cheese is melted.

**In case you're interested, here's the scoop on the opened door to the freezer:
My granddaughter, Addy, went to the freezer to get a popcicle.  As she grabbed the popcicle, she saw a huge bug in the garage.  Screaming at the top of her lungs, she ran inside as quickly as she could.  (She's like her mom, Charen--HATES BUGS!)  And you know the rest of the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment