Monday, April 19, 2010

Lemon Chicken Orzo Pasta

I'm always up for trying something new.  I found a lemon chicken orzo recipe and decided to try it.  My family enjoyed it.  I think the next time I make it, I will add more chicken and more peas.  If you're up for trying something new, you're going to like this one.

Lemon Chicken Orzo Pasta

1 (16 oz.) box Orzo pasta
4  chicken breasts, cubed
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 (8 oz.) package frozen peas, thawed slightly
Lemon Pepper seasoning
Salt to taste


Cook orzo pasta al dente, rinse in cold water and set aside.  Cook cubed chicken breast in skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat with lemon pepper seasoning until partially cooked.  Add onion and celery to chicken and continue to cook until chicken is done and juices run clear.  In large bowl, add chicken mixture to orzo pasta.  Add peas and mix thoroughly.  Add more lemon pepper seasoning and salt to taste.  Can be eaten warm or chilled. 

**It makes a lot, but the recipe said you could freeze half of it.  I'll never know because there is no chance of leftovers in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment