Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight

I was making a meal to take to my friend and I needed a quick dessert. I found a recipe on a piece of torn notebook paper that was probably written over 30 years ago. It had chocolate bars written along the side, but I really I didn't know (or should I say remember) what it was. Since it looked easy to make and I had all the ingredients, I decided to try it. Personally, I liked the bars just they way they were because I love anything chocolate. My daughter, Charen, thought they needed something else. So we tried putting crunchy peanut butter between two pieces, making it like a sandwich. Of course, Charen loves peanut butter. You know the saying that "two heads are better than one"? Guess that's true when it came to creating one of our new favorite treats, Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight. We were delighted that this chocolate bar turned out so yummy! By the way, my friend and her family loved it, too.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight

2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
Crunchy Peanut Butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate squares together. Add all other ingredients, except peanut butter, and mix well. Spread evenly on a greased jelly roll pan. Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool and cut into squares. Spread peanut butter on one square and put a square on top like a sandwich. Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment