Monday, April 26, 2010

Carrot Souffle


Every week Publix has a food demonstration and tasting, and they give out the recipes.  A few weeks ago they had this carrot souffle.  It was delicious, so I made it for my family.  My family loved it and I think your family will too.

Carrot Souffle

1 pound fresh carrots
1/3 cup butter (I used only 1/4 cup)
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut carrots into 1/4 inch thick slices.  Combine with butter and cover.  Microwave on HIGH for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender.

Process carrots in food processor with remaining ingredients.  (I used my blender.)  Put into a baking dish sprayed with Pam.  Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Let stand 5 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment