Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Luscious Lemon Cake

My mother-in-law loves lemon--lemon cookies, lemon pie, lemon jelly, lemon anything! So I made her a lemon cake and it was luscious. So I call it Luscious Lemon Cake. If you're a lemon lover and even if you're not, you're gonna love this one. It's a keeper.

Luscious Lemon Cake

1 box lemon cake mix
1 box instant lemon pudding
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons water
4 eggs
1 stick butter, softened (I always forget to take the butter out, so I just microwave it for about 5 seconds)

Mix cake mix, eggs , lemon pudding, butter and water together. (I used my hand mixer to mix it together.) Put into a greased 9 x 13 cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Take out of oven and cut into squares. Leave in pan.

Icing:
1 can (16 0z.) frozen lemonade
1 box powdered sugar

Mix lemonade and sugar together. Pour over hot cake squares. Put back in oven for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment