Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff

Who doesn't love a good crock pot recipe? I'm really into crock pot recipes right now. Sometimes I just want to come home to a good home-cooked meal, so I let the pot do the cooking for me. For the next several posts, I'm going to be sharing the crock pot recipes we enjoyed. This chicken stroganoff was absolutely delicious. I wasn't sure if it would be any good since you don't put the soup in until after it has cooked several hours. I was wrong! My family ate it up! Next time I'll have to double it! I served it on some rotini pasta that I already had in the pantry, but it would be delicious on rice, egg noodles, or any kind of pasta. You're gonna love this one!

Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in cubes
2 Tablespoons butter
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (I used Good Seasons)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (I let mine soften, but you don't have to--it just melts into the chicken mixture)
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Put cubed chicken breasts, margarine, and dressing mix in a crock pot. Mix together and cook on low for 5 - 6 hours.

Add the cream cheese and soup to cooked chicken in crock pot. Mix together and cook on high for about 30 minutes until heated through and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment