Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cherry Surprise Cake

Okay, I know you're tired of all these crock pot recipes. So, let me surprise you with something different.

Wow! This was an easy-to-make and delicious cake. Oh, and definitely a surprise! The marshmallows started out on the bottom and ended up on the top forming a thin, brown,bubbly topping. And the cherries, which were on the top, ended up on the bottom. If you like cherries (and I do), I think you will be surprised about how much you will like this cake.

Cherry Surprise Cake

4 cups miniature marshmallows


1 can (21 0z.) light cherry pie filling


1 box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines, because I think it's the best)



Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Spread marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over marshmallows. Spoon cherries evenly over batter. Bake 45 - 50 minutes. When toothpick comes out clean, cake is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment