Monday, January 11, 2010

Sugar and Spice Cookies (Molasses/Ginger Christmas Cookies)

I had wanted to post this recipe before Christmas because it is a great cookie to make for your neighbors or that cookie swap you were invited to. I got the recipe from my daughter-in-law Mandy who got it from my daughter-in-law Brandi. Well anyway, it's a molasses/ginger Christmas cookie that everyone will rave about.

Sugar and Spice Cookies
(Molasses/Ginger Christmas Cookies)

3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon cloves
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Cream the first four ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients together and add to mixture and stir. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen.

You can also make smaller ones (about 1/2 inch balls) and bake for 8 - 9 minutes.

**If dough is sticky and hard to roll into a ball, add a little more flour.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you who visit my blog. I enjoy sharing my recipes and hope you are enjoying them too. This Christmas I got several gifts in honor of my blog--ornaments, cookbooks, a salad spinner, plates, graters--here are a few pictures I wanted to share.
This is an ornament my friend Lynn gave me. It is so precious--I just love it!



This plate was made for me by my friend Tara to serve my goodies on. Isn't it beautiful?



My daughter-in-law Tricia made this recipe holder. Cute, huh?


Thank you everyone for your support and love.
Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment