Friday, January 29, 2010

Fresh Asparagus

I love asparagus and when they were on sale I had to buy a bunch. Here is a simple, delicious recipe to make those fresh asparagus tickle your taste buds. I should have bought two bunches, because we were fighting over who got the most.

Fresh Asparagus
1 pound fresh asparagus spears
1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (I didn't measure--just sprinkled on how ever much I wanted)
Remove tough root end from asparagus. (I just bent the end and it broke off beautifully right where it needed to. I've also been told that if you peel the root end it will be more tender. So I peeled the end of the root with my potato peeler after I broke the end.)
Preheat large saute pan on medium high 2 - 3 minutes. Place water in pan and bring to a boil. Add asparagus and cover. Cook and stir 3 - 5 minutes until tender.

Drain asparagus and return to pan. Stir in butter and seasoned salt. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment