Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Creamy Baked Chicken

While I was visiting my son Jonathan and his family in Connecticut, I found this easy, delicious recipe for baked chicken. My family loves chicken so I decided to try it. Everyone loved it. As a matter of fact the leftovers were gone by lunch the next day. We couldn't wait to have some more.

Creamy Baked Chicken

4 - 6 chicken breasts
Swiss cheese slices
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups prepared stuffing mix (I used a box of Stove Top for chicken)
1/3 cup butter melted (you can use less)

Place chicken in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Place a piece of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast. Add 1/4 cup water to the cream of chicken soup. Mix and pour over chicken and cheese. Scoop stuffing onto each chicken and add remaining stuffing around sides. Drizzle with melted butter.
Bake, uncovered at 350 for 50 - 55 minutes. Cover with foil after done to prevent getting dried out.

1 comment:

  1. mom this is almost exactly like the crock pot swiss chicken recipe I gave you. Nice to know you can make it quickly in the oven too. yum.

    ReplyDelete