Friday, November 13, 2009

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Now, what did you do with all those pumpkin seeds you dug out of your Halloween Jack-O-Lanterns? I bet you threw them away like I usually do. Well, this year I decided to try to roast them. My husband loves pumpkin seeds, so I made them especially for him. They were delicious. Saved me a lot of money, too--pumpkin seeds are about $5.00 a pound at the health food store.

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

2 1/2 - 3 cups raw pumpkin seeds
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients above until pumpkin seeds are evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until toasted. Cool completely on the baking sheet. Put in a serving dish and enjoy!
**Let the pumpkin seeds dry overnight before roasting. I rinse them off and then put them on a paper towel on a cookie pan to dry out. Thanks, Brandi, for reminding me to make note of this :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cute pumpkins mom! We love toasted pumpkin seeds. My kids wouldn't let me get by without making them, and I think this year I even ate the most!! HAHA! I usually let mine sit out on a paper towel to dry over night. Do you do that with your recipe or can you roast them right away?

    ReplyDelete