Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mom's Sweet Potatoes

Our favorite food at Thanksgiving (besides the turkey) is sweet potatoes--especially the way I make them. We need to call them Sweet, Sweet Potatoes. But the Sweet is what makes them so good. Here is my recipe. I can taste them now!

Mom's Sweet Potatoes

Boil 4 - 6 sweet potatoes (with skin still on) until soft when pricked with a fork--about 30 - 45 minutes. Let the sweet potatoes cool, then peel and mash in a large bowl. Skins should peel off very easily.

Add and mix in the following ingredients:
(I use a hand mixer to mix it.)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
1/3 stick of butter melted
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put mixture in a greased 9x13 pan. Cover with mini-marshmallows. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until marshmallows are melted and browned. Then take a spoon and mix the marshmallows into the sweet potatoes. Put more marshmallows on the top and bake again (about 20 - 30 minutes) until marshmallows are melted and browned.

By the way, can anyone tell me why my picture turned out flipped like it is. I couldn't get it turned around. Does anyone know how I can correct this problem? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment