Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chicken Pasta Salad

Yesterday, I needed something quick and easy--I just didn't feel like doing a lot of cooking. I had a craving for something with pasta, so I decided to try this chicken pasta salad since I had all the ingredients on hand. I had been wanting to make it for several months and I'm glad I did. I really liked it! It satisfied my pasta cravings although next time ( and I will make this again) I plan to double the chicken. By the way, my sweet granddaughter, McKinley (the one who loves my grits), she loved it. As a matter of fact, she ate 3 helpings!

Chicken Pasta Salad

1 (16oz) package of Rainbow Rotini Pasta (multi-colored,veggie pasta)
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 small tomato (diced)
1/4 cup bell pepper (chopped)
1 package Ranch dressing (mix as directed)

Cook pasta as directed, drain, and rinse with cold water. Dice chicken breasts and cook in olive oil and soy sauce until well done.
In a large bowl put drained kidney beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, pasta, and chicken. Toss together. Add ranch dressing to desired consistency. Mix together and chill in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment