Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mom's Pancakes

For many years now I have held the title of the "World's Best Pancakes"--well, at least according to my kids. I think they're pretty good myself. I love to put maple syrup on my stack of pancakes and stick them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to get the syrup nice and hot. Mmmm, so good!

Mom's Pancakes
3 cups baking mix (Jiffy or Bisquick--I use Heart Smart Bisquick)
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons oil
1 1/2 cups milk (you'll need to add more as mixture thickens)

Mix together above ingredients with a wire wisk. You will need to add more milk so it's not too thick. Also as the mixture sits, it thickens, so you'll need to add a little more milk.
Put a small amount of oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle. Wipe oil out with a paper towel.

Make sure pan is hot, then turn heat down as you cook the pancakes. Pour in batter. I use a soup ladle. When you see bubbles on top, flip the pancake over to finish cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, we're definitely among your pancake devotees! I've been making pancakes lately out of a package ( I know it's against your religion!) because I had it in my storage and it was time to rotate, and I HATE being wasteful. Jonathan, really wishes we'd use it up faster so he can have his homemade pancakes again. Oh, and I'm making spaghetti casserole this week at Jonathan's request, so I thought I'd offer a fabulous short-cut that can be used for almost any of your boiled chicken recipes...when short on time, substitute the meat removed from a Costco rotisserie chicken! They are delicious, inexpensive, and there is often enough meat to use in two different meals! Boiling your own is great when you have the time, but this can be a fabulous substitute!

    ReplyDelete