Monday, September 28, 2009

Chocolate Button Cookies

Several years ago, my friend brought these cookies to a covered dish dinner. I went crazy over them. Not only did they look delicious (I love Nonpareils), they were delicious! I've made them many times since she gave me the recipe. I hope you like them as much as I do. These make great treats to bring to a friend or neighbor.

Chocolate Button Cookies

1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8oz) bag of Nonpareils Real Chocolate Candy
powdered sugar

In a large bowl mix and blend together the sugar, butter, vanilla, and unsweetened chocolate. Add the 3 beaten eggs and stir well. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.

Chill dough at least 1/2 hour. Make 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie pan. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until edges are set. Remove from pan and press a "Nonpareil "candy in the middle of each cookie. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

**The Nonpareil candy can be found in packages above the candy bars or in bulk food bins at your grocery store. I found them at Walgreens and Rite-Aid in the candy section.

No comments:

Post a Comment