Friday, September 18, 2009

Aunt Cathy's Meat Loaf

Many years ago, my sister shared with me her delicious meat loaf recipe and I wanted to share it with you. We had it for dinner last night with mashed potatoes (guess I need to share how to make yummy mashed potatoes, too). It was delicious--I love to eat my meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Take a piece of meat loaf and scoop it in the potatoes--my mouth is watering again!
Enjoy!

Aunt Cathy's Meat Loaf

2 pounds ground beef (I use the lean 93-7)
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup bread crumbs (I use Italian Style)
2 eggs
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Topping:
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
**You can double the topping recipe if you like more topping. The original recipe was doubled.

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Put in a loaf pan and spoon topping on top. Bake uncovered for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment