Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good Ol' Hamburgers


Do you need a recipe for a good ol' hamburger? I think I have one for you. Cook it on the grill or on your stove top (I always keep this option open since it usually rains on Labor Day). It's easy and simple and the hamburger has a great taste.

Good Ol' Hamburgers

1 1/3 pound of ground beef
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties.

To make nice round patties I use a round container top that's a little larger than the size hamburger I want to make. I put a piece of plastic wrap in the container top and put the hamburger on it. (See below.) Then I press the hamburger to the edge of the top, pop out and put it on the grill or in a pan. It's so easy and all the hamburgers are the same size and amount.



Try using the sandwich thins instead of hamburger buns. My 96 year old mother-in-law said she loved "those thin hamburger buns". She said,"They were delicious!" Now we can't argue with a 96 year old, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment