Monday, August 3, 2009

Easy Caesar Salad


I'm having a great time in Utah. Although I love doing a lot of the cooking while I'm here, my daughter-in-law, Tricia, cooks for me, too. One of my favorites is her Caesar Salad. I could eat the whole bowl! It's quick, easy and delicious! And if you have any left over grilled chicken, just add it to the salad for a complete meal.

Easy Caesar Salad

1/3 cup olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 Tablespoon)
6 - 8 anchovy fillets
1 clove garlic
1 head romaine lettuce (leaves separated, rinsed and drained)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup croutons

In a blender or food processor put the oil, lemon juice, anchovies, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and add croutons. Pour dressing over lettuce mixture and toss.
**If the dressing is too thin, you can add a teaspoon or more of mayonnaise to thicken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment