Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

Well, this recipe is not very quick, but it certainly is worth it. I think boiling the chicken and cutting it up is the hardest part. Of course, you could boil the chicken the night before and it would be quick to put together the next day. My family likes this recipe because it is different from regular spaghetti--it's creamy, not made with tomatoes, and has chicken not beef--plus it has mushrooms and we love mushrooms. It really is delicious!
(You can leave the mushrooms out if you're not a mushroom person.)

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

8 ounces of spaghetti
4 Tablespoons of butter (I use only 2 Tablespoons)
1 small onion chopped
1/2 cup celery chopped
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 large (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 cups cooked chicken
(I usually boil some chicken pieces in salted water with an onion and a piece of celery in it)

Preheat oven to 350. Cook spaghetti per directions on the box. Rinse and set aside.

Saute' onions, celery and mushrooms in butter. Blend in soup and mix together. Add milk slowly, mixing as you go. Add cooked spaghetti and chicken to this mixture and put into a casserole dish.

Put shredded cheddar cheese on top. Then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted--about 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Nancee-I am so grateful for your blog. You will never know how many of your recipes I have used over the years (chicken wings, moms chicken on the grill, italian casserole, peach cobbler, etc.) and now I have instant access to so many more. Whenever I don't know what to make for dinner I just pull up your blog and see what recipe sound good for that night and whalla. The great thing is that most of the ingredients are those which I usually have in my pantry. I am still waiting for your show to be on FOOD NETWORK. I will always be your fan. LOL Kim

    ReplyDelete