Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Brandon's No Bake Cookies

I couldn't leave Utah without making my son Brandon's favorite cookies. I like to make these because you make them right on top of the stove. That's why they are called "no bake", duh! So try it--you'll like it! (Warning: This does contain peanut butter.)

Brandon's No Bake Cookies

2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter (melted)
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
Bring the above ingredients to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. When it comes to a boil, boil it for 1 minute--continue stirring. Remove from stove and stir in the following:

1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal

Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper (I never have wax paper so I just use any kind of plastic wrap.) Let it cool and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment